Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blog photos disappeared

Q: I accidentally deleted pic albums out of picassa which erased them from my blog! HELP
A: That was unfortunate. It happened to me too. I deleted some Picasa web albums which have zero quantity photos and somehow this also resulted in some photos disappearing from my blog. I spent a few days searching and managed to find all the original photos for the blog and uploaded all the missing photos once more. A lot of unnecessary work indeed.

The most unfair part of this experience was the delayed action. The images did not disappear immediately after I deleted the PWA and I kept going, doing a lot of collateral damage. My photos only disappeared the next day from my blog! By the time I realized what was happening, it was too late. I am afraid that I do not know of a quick way for you to replace all your missing photos. 

However, this bad experience motivated me to look for a new way to upload images to my blog. You may wish to try it too?

Another method to upload photos to blog:
Instead of using the [Blog this] button, have you tried using the [Upload button] on Picasa? It is the first button with the green arrow. I used this to upload large numbers of images to Picasa Web Album. It took about 8 seconds per image. I uploaded photos in batches of 25 for use on my blog.

From there, it is a breeze to post them to your blog:
On your post editor, click the photo icon on the tool bar as before.
Select [from Picasa Web Album]
Select album, select photos, [add selected]. The transfer is made instantly, no waiting and no limit on the number of photos selected.
Publish post.


source: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=02720e95f1a25432&hl=en&fid=02720e95f1a254320004a513e825aca2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your visit and your comment.

Check your Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Followers

Learn more from these blogs:-