Saturday, October 15, 2011

Stop following

Q:  I can't find a way to stop following a blog on my Dashboard.  I went to the blue manage button, and looked at the list, but there is NO link to stop following.  I went to the website to see if there was somewhere I could click, and I, once again, didn't see anything.


A: I had the same problem. I think I have found a solution. Go to your Google Account settings and click on your Google Reader account. It's under "My Products." Don't click "settings" - just Reader. On the left sidebar, you will find something that says "Blogs I'm Following." Click that. Highlighted in yellow at the top of that page is something that says "
The blogs you follow in Blogger have been added as subscriptions in Google Reader. You can manage the blogs you follow using the Blogger Dashboard." The words Blogger Dashboard should be blue, indicating a click-able link. Click that.

When I was signed into my Google account and clicked that link, it sent me straight to a page with all the blogs I am following, and then I could just pick the one I wanted to drop, click on the "settings" button right beside it, and another window popped up with several options, including "stop following this blog." And viola, it was done.

But I could not for the life of me find this on my Blogger dashboard. I found it purely by accident during an episode of intense cursing while trying to find some way to just get rid of one silly blog I was no longer interested in following. I hope this helps.

source:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?fid=0adbd4e34c3ee6490004af4d9d03b3cc&hl=en

1 comment:

  1. I checked the address to which clicking on the link takes me. Its the same as I go to from my dashboard by clicking the "Manage" under Blogs I am following in my dashboard.
    http://www.blogger.com/manage-blogs-following.g

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your visit and your comment.

Check your Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Followers

Learn more from these blogs:-