Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Adding slide shows

Q: How do I add a slideshow?

There are many ways to upload a slide show to your blog.
Here is my way. It works:
Copy your own slide show codes from somewhere. Go to dashboard on blogger. Click on:-
1. layout/design
2. add a gadget
3. scroll down to html/Javascript
4. add to blog (paste your codes here in the large box)
5. save changes (you can drag and reposition your new gadget)
6. save

If you do not have the codes for your own slide show, you need to create a slide show first. Please go to my blog: http://davidchin35.blogspot.com/2005/07/blog-post.html
click on " make your own" under my slide and just follow the prompts to create your own slide show, get the codes and paste as above.

Alternately you can also create a slide-show as a post:
1. Get the codes
2. go to your post editor
3. paste the codes inside the post editor (use edit html mode)
4. publish post.

5 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    When I add my slideshow to my blog, the right half gets cut off. I am using slide.com and used tiny images but it has not fixed the problem. Any ideas?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your explicit directions. It helped very much.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome. I have many other tips for you on this blog.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David,
    I was keep trying to post the slideshow from photobucket on my blogger, but it didn't work.
    I couldn't save html/javascript after I pasted my codes in the large box.
    Do you have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could also post your photos to Picasa web album, get the codes and post them on an html/javascript gadget.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your visit and your comment.

Check your Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Followers

Learn more from these blogs:-